Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A sonnet, regarding my marriage to the sea.

I once loved a girl, a sweet maiden fair
If we'd have met, then she might have loved me;
But she's wed to a dip shit with over-styled hair
And so I must marry the sea.

The sea's an old salt, she's dark and fermented
And like me, her soul's deep and blue
But as a bald Irish woman once lamented,
Nothing compares 2 U.

But, oh, I must cast my great pain to one side
So into the ocean, knee-deep I shall wade
Be mine, briny waters, til the day that I die!
(I wonder, though, will I get laid?)

My sweet maiden fair, betrothed to a douche
And I, with my salty blue bride
Our love has extinguished, an almighty whoosh
As I get swept away with the sea's tide.

I'm so full of anguish, eyes bleary and bawling
More angst than a song by James Blunt
I hate to resort to petty name-calling
But jeez, Russell Brand, you're a really nasty guy for stealing the girl of my dreams away from me.

By Angry Puppet

No comments:

Post a Comment